Inclusive Education Psychosocial Officer Job at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Jesuit Refugee Service
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2021-01-15
- Location: - Kenya
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons, that they may heal, learn, and determine their own future. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS was officially registered on 19 March 2000 in Vatican City as a foundation.
JRS is present in over 56 countries worldwide, providing services to more than 811,884 individuals. The work is overseen by 10 regional offices with support from the International Office in Rome. In Kenya, JRS has two projects: an urban refugee project in Nairobi focusing on Education and Livelihoods and field project in Kakuma Refugee Camp focusing on Education, Integrated psychosocial inclusive Education programme in Centres and Safe Shelters.
JRS is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Inclusive Education Psychosocial Support Officer. As part of the JRS Inclusive Education Department in Kakuma, this position will provide rehabilitation support for children with disabilities in the inclusive education programs in Kakuma refugee camp. Specifically, JRS is aiming at reinforcing the interventions to children with intellectual and multiple disabilities in Kakuma and Kalobeyei camps. Thus, the Inclusive Education Psychosocial Support Officer will provide psychosocial support to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities, case management, referrals and follow-up, awareness raising, liaising with partners and other key stakeholders and conducting trainings.
The incumbent will report to Inclusive Education Coordinator and in collaboration with other Inclusive Education staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical guidance, on the job training, coaching and mentoring to Community Based Mobilizers on child protection, parenting and other PSS supports for children with disabilities
· Provide direct Psychosocial support to caregivers of children with disabilities
· Design and implement psychosocial activities, including individual and group counselling, parenting activities, etc. for new parents.
· Develop adequate PSS tools.
· Facilitate community conversations and awareness raising activities in collaboration with project staffs on issues related to inclusion of children with disabilities.
· Conduct regular home to home visits together with the occupational therapist and provide some psychosocial support in the children’s home environment.
· Participate in activity reporting and lessons learning.
· Accompany referred cases for rehabilitation and psychiatry and other medical services .
· Ensures children with disabilities and care givers have positive mind sets.
· Ensures proper documentation is put in place
· Prepares case stories and reports as required by the project
· Works closely with other project staffs, Government stakeholders and EARC committees for the realization of project objectives and goals
· Performs other, similar duties as assigned by the Inclusive Coordinator
Diploma in Social Work, Counseling or any other related field.
2+ - 5 years’ direct experience on PSS or Special Needs Education project
Prior Team Management Experience
Excellent knowledge of Child Protection standards and basic principles.
Good knowledge of PSS (Psychosocial support)
Excellent knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers.
Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills.
Excellent knowledge of safe identification and referral principles.
Prior experience of working in Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) projects
Experience in NGO environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter in one document that indicates what skills and experience, expected salary and availability. The CV (maximum 3 pages) should include contacts (phone and email) for three professional referees. Please note that only official email addresses for referees will be accepted. Kindly send the application with subject line Inclusive Education Psychosocial Officer to email@example.com by 15th January 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: due to urgent need to fill this vacant position, we will be reviewing the application as we receive.
JRS has zero tolerance towards all forms of sexual exploitation and abuse and takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse against children and vulnerable adults by JRS personnel. JRS is committed to Safeguard children and vulnerable adults and has policies which outline the expected behavior, code of conduct and responsibility of all persons acting on behalf of JRS(Staff, consultants, volunteers, interns, Pastoral team and other representatives). All staff working for JRS are expected to abide by this policies and guidelines.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work