ECDE Officer Job at Murang’a County 2021
- Murang’a County 2021
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2021-01-18
- Location: - Kenya
Murang’a County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions;
Sub County ECDE Officer Job Group ‘N’- 4 posts
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the coordination, administration and management of ECD programs in the sub-county at the same time monitoring and evaluation of the programs
- Ensure efficient and effective running of ECD programs in the sub-county and at ward level
- Maintenance and supervision of ECD teachers and ECD sub-county staff establishments
- Address administrative issues emanating from wards for better program management and implementation
- Monitor and evaluate the ECD programs in the sub-county and mobilise local community and parents to ensure sustainability of the ECD programs
- Supervise curriculum implementation and advisory assessments in ECD centre’s in the sub-county
- Advocate for the needs and rights of children and ECD programs
- Create awareness on the importance of early childhood development programs
- Analyze and document county ECD data drawn from wards
- Maintain content development expertise and disseminates such knowledge by providing ongoing quality assistance Early Childhood Development Officer and Supervises in the county
- Develop and disseminate resources and best practices for the process of implementing quality improvement efforts in early child education development.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance to address children’s challenging behaviours and sensory needs.
- Support the professional development of all staff by delivering coaching and technical assistance in the county
- Provide guidance and support to staff with implementation of curriculum/individualization plans and ongoing assessments.
- Put in place mechanisms to ensure networking and advocacy for ECD service providers in the sub-county is effective.
- Carry out any other duties as it will be assigned by the county director education or other senior officer in the section.
- Degree in Early Childhood Development or related field from a recognised institution
- Professional Certificate in a relevant field from a recognized Institution
- Three (3) years relevant work experience
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards affecting the operations especially the code of ethics.
- Knowledge of legislation affecting area of work
How to Apply
Application forms and details of the vacancies can be accessed at HERE. Applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices on or before close of business on 18th January, 2021 in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52-10200
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Murang’a County Government is an equal opportunity employer
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work