Manager, Leisure Sales Job at One&Only Gorilla's Nest
- One&Only Gorilla's Nest
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-09-18
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
key duties and responsibilities related to the position below and includes the skills, experience, and educational background required by the employee, as well as the competencies and behaviors that are expected at this level.
Please take your time to read through it, sign the acknowledgment and hand it back to Human Resources.
- 1. POSITION Details
- Position Manager, Leisure Sales
- Department Sales & Marketing
- Reports to Director of Sales & Marketing
- Subordinates Sales & Marketing Coordinator
- Job Details & Requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Manages key leisure trade, corporate, and group accounts in Rwanda and Africa. Duties include, but are not limited to, achieving revenue, driving share, developing and controlling trade partner marketing activities, product training, negotiating pagination with product managers, and developing plans designed to drive the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximizes revenue opportunities and drives share from assigned markets and local Rwanda accounts.
- Manages assigned Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and locally-based Tour Operators and travel agency accounts.
- Takes the lead in delivering programs to drive sales and share shift from trade leisure accounts.
- Takes the lead in prospecting and converting group and event leads to build Group segment, preparing and presenting effective proposals.
- Identifies and drives potential local or corporate accounts for FIT and Group business.
- Initiates tactical promotions and initiatives for approval by Manager, Sales & Marketing to drive sales to OONH & OOGN.
- Manages agreements with key trade accounts, implementing measurement and activity against agreed targets for OONH & OOGN.
- Develops and delivers programs to ensure product knowledge for all contact points including product managers, contracting managers, reservations agents, and counter staff.
- Implement incentives and drive reward programs to increase sales for OONH & OOGN.
- Manages and develops opportunities from airlines located in the geographic territory of responsibility.
- Monitors forward booking trends and domestic forecasts and recommend appropriate promotional activities and rate strategies to ensure forward shortfalls are minimized.
- Maintains a regular call plan on identified Key Accounts in geographic territories of responsibility.
- Conducts market research by geographical and business segments to determine rate and strategies by account and identifies new markets and business opportunities.
- Maintains high profile industry relationships with tourism bodies, convention bureaus, associations, and travel industry.
- Plans and undertakes sales trips and client familiarization as required.
- Works closely with property operational teams to ensure alignment and delivery of agreed sales and marketing activities. Attends and conducts site inspections
- Delivers all required reporting in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Sales & Marketing Rwanda
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in acknowledged resorts and hotels
- Minimum 2 years experience in acknowledged resorts and hotels as Sales Executive
- Diploma / Degree in Hospitality Management or Sales & Marketing.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Speaks English Fluently
- Passionate, well organized, Professional, a Great Communicator, Team Player, Celebrates Success, Goal-Oriented
- CORE Values & Competencies
Blow Away The Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 FUNCTIONAL competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I adapt my communication to the audience and the message to be delivered
- I am able to develop effective written communications
Functional Skills & Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
Planning & Organizing
- I set realistic goals both for myself and my colleagues in line with company strategies
- I am capable of handling multiple priorities effectively
Team Management & Development (Influencing & Working with Others)
- I devote time in training and coaching each colleague
- I conduct regular performance management discussions for my colleagues and monitor their progress
Where Colleagues do not have anyone to supervise,
then the competency will be replaced by with the following 2 behaviors:
- I am able to influence others when required to speak and present ideas
- I am able to work with other colleagues and departments effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I have the ability to involve all the appropriate people to resolve problems in the business.
- I proactively facilitate prompt and appropriate decision making
Innovation & Creativity
- I regularly seek new opportunities for change
- I assist in resolving resistance to change
How to Apply
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work