Librarian– Law Firm Job at Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
- Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: 50-60k
- Deadline: 2020-09-08
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Our client is an established premier law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal services and solutions for both domestic and international clients. They are looking for a highly efficient Librarian who will be tasked with managing the legal library and monitoring the library operations.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
• Organize, classify and Catalogue all the library material and maintain an up to date index of all Kenyan legislation and ensure that the library and the firm have sufficient copies of up to date legislation to run efficiently.
• Shelving library materials and maintaining collections using established systems and procedures.
• Assisting personnel with searches of particular Statutes both in and out of Kenya, including pending bills and case law
• Track legal notices listed in the Kenya Gazette (both the Friday edition and Special Supplement).
• Purchase of all materials necessary for updating the library including gazettes, legal notices, Statutes, bills, and regulations,
• Updating library copies of Acts as amended.
• Performs both immediate reference and in-depth research searches; refers users to other resources as appropriate.
• Use automated information systems, databases, and other technology for a range of processing and service tasks.
• Provide instruction and guidance for use of library catalog, legal databases, legal research methodology, and procedures.
• Responds to in-library, phone, mail, email, and all client’s queries.
• Develop and maintain pathfinders, bibliographic resources, and research guides.
• Any other duty assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science, Library Studies or any other related qualification from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a legal library.
• Must be good in Resource management and mobilizing skills;
• Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Must have Excellent Library Management skills;
• Must have excellent reporting and writing skills
• Excellent customer service skills.
How to Apply
Kindly click the link to apply>> https://www.brightermonday.co.ke/listings/librarian-law-firm-0wd7j6
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work