Request for Proposal for Insurance Brokerage Services Job at Request for Proposal for Insurance Brokerage Services
- Request for Proposal for Insurance Brokerage Services
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline: 2020-10-07
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
Education Development Trust Invites Companies specialized in the field to participate in the competition on the open and equal condition for the Insurance Brokerage services
General tender and Contracting requirements:
- The contracting authority is Education Development Trust and the appointed broker will be expected to deliver the services to Education Development Trust.
- In participating in this Process and/or by submitting a tender response it will be implied that you accept and will be bound by all the provisions of this RFP and its annexes. Accordingly, tender responses should be on the basis of and strictly in accordance with the requirements of this RFP.
- By submitting your tender response, you consent to Education Development Trust carrying out all necessary actions to verify the information that you have provided, and the analysis of your tender response being undertaken by one or more third parties commissioned by Education Development Trust for such purposes.
- You are responsible for analyzing and reviewing all information provided to you as part of this Procurement Process and for forming your own opinions and seeking advice as you consider appropriate. You should notify Education Development Trust promptly of any perceived ambiguity, inconsistency, or omission in this RFP and/or any in of its associated documents and/or in any information provided to you as part of this process.
- Education Development Trust may, at any time prior to the response deadline, amend the RFP. Any such amendment shall be communicated via the same channel as the RFP, and Education Development Trust at its own discretion will extend the response deadline to ensure the potential brokers have a reasonable time in which to take such an amendment into account.
- Tender responses must comprise the relevant documents specified by Education Development Trust completed in all areas and in the format requested by Education Development Trust and any documents requested by Education Development Trust must be completed in full hence it is important that you read the RFP carefully before completing and submitting your tender response.
- You will not modify your tender response after you have submitted it.
- Rejection of tender responses
Education Development Trust reserves the rights to reject any tender responses which:
- is received after the submission deadline
- contains omissions, gaps, misrepresentations, errors, and/or uncompleted sections
- contains handwritten amendments with no initiative of the authorized signatory.
- contains ambiguous information that might mislead the tender evaluators
- is not submitted in a manner consistent with the provisions set out in this RFP
Education Development Trust will automatically disqualify the bidder that attempts to
- change or omit any information related to this RFP
- inappropriately influence this Process.
- Enter into an arrangement with any other party that such party shall refrain from submitting a tender response.
- Enter into any arrangement with any other party (other than another party that forms part of your consortium bid or is your proposed sub-contractor)
- Engage in direct or indirect bribery or canvassing by you or your appointed advisers in relation to this Procurement Process
- Obtain information from any of the employees, agents, or advisors of Education Development Trust concerning this Procurement Process (other than as set out in these Tender Conditions) or from another potential broker or another tender response.
You are responsible for obtaining all information necessary for preparation of your tender response and for all costs and expenses incurred in preparation of the tender response. Education Development Trust will not be responsible for any cost you incurred during the preparation of this procurement irrespective of whether or not your tender response is successful.
Offer Deadline and Protocol
Offers shall be submitted in hand (Hand delivery) at Education Development Trust/Building Learning Foundations offices located at Aigle Blanc Building | Kimihurura KN 05st Airport Road| Kigali | PO Box 4251 | Rwanda at Gishushu no later than October 7th, 2020 at 11:00AM local time. Bids sealed in envelope marked “RFP for Brokerage services /EDT Rwanda-BLF Programme” will be deposited at The Building Learning Foundations offices during working hours.
Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFP may be submitted by email to
BLFfirstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 05:00 PM/Kigali time on October 1st, 2020.
Questions must be submitted in writing only; phone calls will not be accepted. Only the written answers issued by Education Development Trust will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of Education Development Trust or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFP.
Education Development Trust may at any time request further information from potential brokers to verify or clarify any aspects of their tender response or other information they may have provided. In case you do not provide supplementary information or clarifications to Education Development Trust by any deadline notified to you, your tender response may be rejected in full and you may be disqualified from this Procurement Process.
Confidentiality and Information Governance
All documents related to this RFP shall remain the property of Education Development Trust but can be returned on demand.
8.2 Unless requested otherwise, Education development Trust reserves the right to disclose all documents relating to this Procurement Process, including without limitation your tender response, to any employee, third party agent, adviser, or other third party involved in the procurement in support of, and/or in collaboration with, Education Development Trust.
- Roles and responsibilities of the broker.
The broker will engage in several assignments as shall be deemed necessary by the Education Development Trust. These assignments include but not limited to.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to EDT in the negotiation of insurance contracts.
- Negotiate policy coverage, policy renewal, policy changes, and cancellations.
- Reviewing and advising in matters relating to claim circumstances and management.
- Advising in matters relating to Risk management.
- Advising and arranging statutory Insurance as required. Eg worker's compensation.
- Follow up claims with insurers and other parties and provide required updates.
- Preparation of reports for the management (this may be quarterly and monthly utilisation)
- Assist in the evaluation of insurance tenders
- Provide prompt and accurate information when required and support on a day to day inquiries.
- Timescales for this tender
The following timescales shall apply to this Procurement Process
Date / time
RFP Issued to bidding brokers
Deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline)
Response to clarification questions by Education Development Trust
Deadline for submission of RFP responses by bidders
- Evaluation Criteria
The proposal of the broker, who has attained the highest score will be awarded the contract.
- Required documents
The following documents are required
- Company profile.
- Copy of the company registration at RDB, BNR license, Tax clearance certificate, RSSB clearance, and professional indemnity cover as per BNR requirements.
- Company's experience in the field of Insurance brokerage in Rwanda proven by at least 3 references from recognized institutions
- Academic Qualifications of proposed two key staff plus their experience in the insurance brokerage services.
- Experience in Insurance services by at least 2 key staff. (Certificates and other forms of experience).
- A statement that Broker will adhere to Education Development Trust terms and conditions.
Annexe I: Bid submission Form
TO: Education Development Trust
To form an integral part of your technical proposal
Having examined the Solicitation Documents, the receipt of which is hereby duly acknowledged, we, the undersigned, offer to provide Professional Services for as may be ascertained in accordance with the requirements attached herewith and made part of this Proposal.
We undertake, if our Proposal is accepted, to commence and complete delivery of all services specified in the contract within the time frame stipulated.
We agree to abide by this Proposal for a period of 60 days from the Proposal Closing Date as stipulated in the Solicitation Documents, and it shall remain binding upon us and maybe accepted at any time before the expiration of that period.
We understand that you are not bound to accept any Proposal you may receive.
Name of Bidder:
Address of Bidder:
Name & title of Authorised Signature:
ANNEX II – Vendor Information Form
- General Information
Web Site URL:
How to Apply
Line of Business, area of expertise:
Type of business (manufacturer, distributor, etc):
Years of company experience:
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work