Waiters/ Waitresses Job at Lionsembi Communication
- Lionsembi Communication
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-10-20
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Lionsembi Communication Limited is a marketing and communication agency dedicated to building brands for Africa. We are looking to hire Waiters/Waitresses for one of our clients.
- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
- Ensures that the tables are well arranged and wiped before set-up is done.
- Ensures that the cutlery and crockery used by the guests are clean and properly polished.
- Sorts and polishes all menus before presenting them to the guests.
- Ensures that the glasses used for serving guests are clean and well-polished.
- Promptly and courteously takes orders for food and beverage from guests, posts the same in the POS and serve accordingly.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu and be able to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the guests.
- Up-sell or promote all specials as well as promoting slow moving items.
- Draws a table plan for orders taken on each table.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly (as per the guests’ specifications).
- Makes follow up on all orders posted.
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any delays.
- In addition to the above, the Waiter may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem
- Previous work experience as a waiter/waitress in a busy hotel
- Some college qualifications in hospitality –essential
- Trainees/ fresh graduates can also apply
- Flexible to work in alternate shifts
- Good communication skills
- Very presentable with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of various cuisines and drinks
How to Apply
Applications should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before20th October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and three referees. The position will be filled on a rolling basis
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work