(ToR) for Mapping, Needs Assessment and Creation of Rwanda Women’s Network Constituency Database Job at Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN)
- Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN)
- Employment Type:
- Location: - Rwanda
Rwanda Women's Network is a non-governmental organization focusing on empowering women for self-transformation and gender equality for over 20 years. Our vision is to create a healthy, empowered, and peaceful Rwandan society. RWN mission is to work towards improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their effort to meet their basic needs. Its mission is delivered through five key focus programs; Health Care and Support, Gender Based Violence Response and Prevention, Socio-economic empowerment, Education and Knowledge Sharing and Governance and Leadership.
Development and humanitarian work take place in increasingly complex environments with growing numbers of people in need. Resources are not sufficient to meet the needs and donors require measurable results, accountability, and indicators of efficiency and effectiveness of project interventions. These trends challenge civil society organizations to improve their performance to operate with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Organizational growth requires also to reflect internally and develop plans to improve performance. Among the benefits of a need’s assessment includes capacity strengthening that pushes an organization to be able to survive uncertain times with improved service deliver and financial management; improved constituency and partner relations culminating into better stewardship; accountability; reduced risk and increased opportunity for growth. It is important to note that an organizational assessment is not just about identifying capacity strengthening needs; it is also about recognizing and celebrating existing organizational capacities.
Rwanda Women’s Network governance structure is composed of the General Assembly (GA), the Board and the Management team. The GA is the supreme organ and a decision-making body of the organization. It is composed of founder members and women within Women Safe Spaces, women’s groups and other associations and cooperatives working with RWN and these constitute the membership of RWN.
Constituency building for RWN is about building a support base i.e. a movement/network of women for progress towards women’s agency and gender equality. It is a means towards influencing public opinion and motivating people to take collective action to achieve a desired social or policy change, which in this case is women’s empowerment and gender equality. Constituency building as well involves resourcing for social advocacy on gender equality and intensive efforts towards partnerships and alliance building.
The beginning of the year 2020, was marked by an unprecedented global health crisis with the fast spreading of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which has had a devastating impact globally and locally on Civil Societies and their constituencies. It is anticipated that the pandemic is deepening pre-existing inequalities, exposing vulnerabilities in social, political and economic systems, which are in turn amplifying the impacts of the pandemic. Evidence from outbreaks similar to COVID-19 indicates that disease outbreaks make existing inequalities for women and girls and discrimination of other marginalized groups such as persons with disabilities and those in extreme poverty, worse. In fact, there is a risk that gender gaps could widen during and after the pandemic and that gains for women’s and girls’ accumulation of human capital, economic empowerment and voice and agency, built over the past decades, could be reversed.
In response, the Government of Rwanda has put in place various measures on people, goods and services, including a total lockdown and curfews, total and/or partial closure of businesses and social distancing. Although critical in slowing the spread of the disease, various researches and reports from the country and beyond say that these measures have caused significant effects on Civil Societies and their constituencies
Rwanda Women's Network as an organization focusing on promoting women’s rights, networking for advocacy and empowering women for self-transformation believes it is of essence to carry out a mapping, needs assessment and creation of a constituency database.
Purpose of the mapping, needs assessment and creation of a constituency database
The main purpose of this constituency mapping and database creation assessment is to generate a body of evidence on the status of RWN constituency in the area of operation with recommendations on how to address the identified needs. The information generated will be used to inform appropriate interventions and enable evidence-based advocacy and influencing of other actors for effective mitigation of negative impacts on women’s and girls’ lives.
Scope of work
Reporting to the Director, the consultant shall carry-out a mapping, needs assessment and creation of a constituency database within the 7 Districts of implementation (Musanze, Rubavu, Rwamagana, Bugesera and Kayonza, Nyarugenge and Gatsibo) and outline immediate responses and possible long-term solutions. With that he/she will:
- Mapping of the RWN Constituencies while conducting a needs assessment that includes their strength and achievements
- Developing constituency profiles, including their technical capacity and also their governance, financial and administrative capacity.
- Analyze how COVID-19 has impacted the work being carried out by the constituencies and identify gaps as well as concrete opportunities to ensure they deliver.
- Build/create a mapping system to locate every RWN constituency on the map using GPS.
- Taking into account the current government measures to stop the COVID-19 spread, the consultant will propose an adequate methodology and tools to collect primary data from different sources.
- Presentation of draft report in wider stakeholder’s workshop for validation. (Depending on the state of COVID-19 preventive measures, the presentation could be organized virtually).
Expected outputs/ Deliverables
- Provide technical and financial proposal.
- Conduct the Desk review.
- Make a list of informants and stakeholders interviewed and consulted.
- Propose Data collection methodology to collect primary data from different sources considering the guidelines of prevention of Covid-19 pandemic
- Data processing (Data collection, entry, verification and analysis)
- Report writing (draft and final version)
- Presentation of draft report in stakeholder’s workshop for validation.
Duration of the assignment
The successful consultant will be required to complete the assignment within 30 calendar days.
How to Apply
Please submit your expression of interest, updated CV, technical proposal and financial proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application to conduct a mapping, needs assessment and creation of a constituency database” not later than 15th October, 2020.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work