Wash Senior Technical Advisor Job at Society for Family Health(SFH)
- Society for Family Health(SFH)
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-12-08
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
This position plays a key strategic role in the THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) activity. The WASH Technical Advisor will be a senior member of the WASH consortium/ project team and will work with key government partners particularly the Ministry of Health (MoH), MINALOC, MININFRA WASAC, local NGO partners, community organizations, USAID, and other stakeholders to achieve the implementation of the WASH project. The WASH Technical Advisor will provide guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. He/she will provide overall leadership by staying current of evolving WASH technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. S/he reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership on improving WASH activities that aim to improving the living standards of Rwandan citizens and achieving Rwanda’s other long-term development goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships and work closely with local WASH actors, including national and local government, private sector, Community, NGOs, others, etc.
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, Learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with all team members;
- Contribute to and provide inputs of an annual work plan, required project reports, baseline data, tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation, collection/sharing of lessons learned;
- Document lessons learned related, evaluate impact, and modify approaches as needed.
- Help develop internal organizational WASH-related training and development of tools, guidelines, standards to improve program quality;
- Act as the project’s WASH representative in all related WASH initiatives in Rwanda;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Masters’ degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, WASH or similar disciplines, Environmental Health
- At least seven (7) years of practical experience at senior levels in designing and managing WASH interventions
- Strong understanding and related experience in WASH governance
- Good knowledge of USG procedures and compliance requirements
- Extensive project management experience particularly on USG grants
- Familiarity with the socio-economic, cultural, and political context of Rwanda
- Prior experience managing large assistance projects of a similar size and scope
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multidisciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
REQUIRED FOREIGN LANGUAGE: English or French fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required. Proficiency in Kinyarwanda and French is preferred.
STATUS: Full-time position, based in Kigali with travel to field locations up Country.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT INCLUDE:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director;
- Curriculum Vitae (3 referees including at least 2 former employers);
- Copies of degrees;
- Copies of Certificates of Professional qualification and training;
How to Apply
All interested applicants who fulfil the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday December 08, 2020 at 16:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work