Paralegal Job Job at Recruitment
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive.
- Deadline: 2020-12-15
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Our client is a leading Law Firm in Africa, seeking to hire a smart & highly organized Paralegal for their Nairobi office. The successful individual will be supporting our client’s practice by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files.
You will be joining the Business Services team, members who demonstrate high levels of EQ, readily give inputs and make suggestions, are excited by change and growth, pro-actively implement the firm’s vision and strategic goals within their areas of responsibility and strive to live the firm’s values on a daily basis – a personal promise for which they hold both themselves, and others, accountable.
- Drafting Wills, Trust Deeds and Applications for Probate.
- Collating and marking annexures for the applications.
- General administrative tasks and support – binding, photocopying, scanning, etc. and the applications for court.
- Uploading applications into the e-judiciary portal and ensuring necessary court fees is paid.
- Manning the e-judiciary portal.
- Tracking applications to ensure that they are forwarded to Government Printers.
- Checking Kenya Gazettes for notices of petitions.
- Liaising with court registry clerks and officials at Government Printers on phone and on email.
- Attending court registry and Government Printers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of practitioner and support staff in relation to outputs.
- Knowledge of how to juggle priorities taking into account urgency and the importance of completing projects/tasks, with due regard to other factors such as impact of relevant issues on the firm and team.
- Strong desire to finish activities, tasks and projects in as-short-as-possible a time without sacrificing quality or compromising on the standards required for a particular output.
- Strong focus on pro-activity, taking initiative, and anticipating reactions to ensure successful outcomes.
- Strong focus on getting details and chasing information – persevering and being persistent until, and so that, there is progress towards achieving the necessary outcomes.
- Very strong IT skills, ability to use IT systems to support and increase own efficiency, as well as the ability to suggest and learn new systems.
- Ability to sort and make sense of large amounts of data and summarize in a form that assists in achieving outputs and makes feedback and reports comprehensible.
- Ability to handle change and last-minute variations/inputs and to adjust projects and tasks accordingly.
- Ability to abide by and willingness to implement the firm’s financial disciplines, standard operating procedures/processes (SOPs) and Service Criteria (performance enhancement) requirements.
- Strong administration and organizational skills to ensure high levels of productivity.
- Very strong focus on and willingness to provide feedback and inform team leader and those impacted regarding status of outputs and decisions taken.
- Eye for detail and desire to constantly improve standards, and deliver excellence.
- Willingness to assist when necessary with other teams’ functions and to be an active participant helping in a meaningful way and on another’s terms, without necessarily needing to be asked.
- Desire to embrace the firm’s culture and an intrinsic alignment to its vision and values.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and to travel to ensure the successful completion of a project/task whenever necessary.
How to Apply
If we just described you and believe you are up to the challenge, possess all the qualifications/ experience listed above, please send your CV with an email subject (Paralegal – Law Firm) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 15th December 2020.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work