Communications Assistant Job at YWCA
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2021-01-04
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA) is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization founded in 1912. YWCA, through its work brings girls and women together in an effort to respond to the socio- economic, political and cultural issues affecting them. It is affiliated to the world YWCA, and is purpose is to develop the collective power of girls and women in Kenya to achieve social, economic, political and cultural “emancipation”.
YWCA seeks an enthusiastic innovative and collaborative communicator who will provide administration and technical support to the YWCA team. The CA will be responsible for supporting strategies that increase YWCAs visibility to diverse audiences, expanding digital information, and strengthening internal communication system.
Under the supervision of Communications and IT Officer, the Assistant will support YWCA in its internal and external communications, with a focus on impactful communication that serves both to send a message and make a strong call to action.
The Assistant will be responsible directly (or in support role) for a variety of communication products and information management services which are delivered in a professional and efficient manner to aid in the coordination and review process of public facing materials and digital content.
- Research, compile and present basic information for use in the preparation and production of communications content for YWCA projects and activities.
- Research various information sources for relevant material and cross-check information with appropriate staff as required.
- Social media engagement – manage, update and further develop YWCA social media handles including maintaining online engagement and use of analytics / insights.
- Identify and prepare material for inclusion in appropriate YWCA online space – website or social media handles.
- Take photos and videos with captions for documentation of our work during YWCA events/activities.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of major events in liaison with relevant departments/program.
- Media support for YWCA events including producing banners, posters and media stories
- Update website to include drafting and creating new pages using content management systems and editing of blogs.
- Undertaking administrative and logistical roles of the communications portfolio.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A degree in communications, journalism or related field (Bachelor’s level or equivalent) with knowledge of program administration.
- Understanding use of diverse social media platforms as communications tools.
- Practical knowledge in creative design using different applications.
- Practical knowledge in videography and photography.
- Practical knowledge in web design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interpret, inform and engage.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to indicate salary expectations. Selection will be on a rolling basis. An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 4th January 2021.
Human Resources Officer, YWCA National Headquarter,
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work