Conveyancing Advocate Job at HR Desksolutions
- HR Desksolutions
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: 2021-01-01
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Our client is one of the leading law firm based in Nairobi. They are seeking for an experienced conveyancing advocate who will be tasked with the settlement and title transfer process by ensuring that their client is meeting all legal obligations and that the client’s rights are protected during this transaction
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for handling a variety of complex assigned legal matters within the Conveyancing Department. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. May provide functional advice or training to less experienced advocates.
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
- Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, and Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
- Researching information and communicating with clients.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Master of Laws Degree (LLM) from a recognized institution / Part III of the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPS, K) will be an added advantage.
- Must be an Advocate of the High court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate.
- Must have at least 7 years’ post work experience in a busy law firm
- Working knowledge of conveyancing, court rules & land registry procedures.
- Must have hands on experience in interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations.
- Must have experience in arbitration/ADR over commercial disputes.
- A proven track record in handling conveyancing work from tier 1 banks in Kenya is highly desirable.
- Must be willing to work and be stationed in Nairobi.
- Be computer literate
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work as a team
- Work with minimum or no supervision
- MALE candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Advocate –Conveyancing) to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 1st January 2021
Kindly indicate current / last salary on your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work