Project Officer Job at Caritas Marsabit
- Caritas Marsabit
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2021-01-11
- Location: - Kenya
The Project Officer Agriculture and livestock officer will support a variety of agriculture and livestock-related activities; including technical oversight to action research activities, turning research findings into the design of context-specific interventions, capacity strengthening of stakeholders and identifying opportunities for private sector partnership.
Key relationships to the role
Internal: Program, Finance unit staff and Head of programs
External: Existing and new partners, CSOs and Faith Based organizations, government institutions, Parishes, communities, and other actors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct community mobilization and sensitization meetings with ward and community-level leaders to introduce NAWIRI and follow-up
- Provide technical support on implementation of all agriculture and livestock related activities at the county level.
- Develop, lead, provide inputs for research and learning, monitor and evaluate the agriculture and livestock aspects of the NAWIRI project.
- Lead implementation of relevant action research including coordination with target communities, support research staff with data collection, analysis and interpretation, and translation of findings into program interventions.
- Coordinate and network with County departments responsible for agriculture, livestock, nutrition, trade and other NGOs.
- Lead on all Agriculture and livestock related activities of the project and reports, providing capacity building for the county staff.
- Coordinate with traditional leaders and community leadership to facilitate activity integration and targeting of research participants.
- Coordinate with Markets and Alternative Livelihoods team members to identify private sector partners or opportunities for new enterprises that improve farmer access to input and output markets.
- Take lead role on crop, livestock, poultry and milk market assessments.
- Collaborate with NAWIRI health and nutrition staff to integrate messaging into crop and livestock production training curriculum.
- Design and lead TOT training sessions to Community Mobilizers in collaboration with Government counterparts.
- Liaise with other project teams and staff to ensure that all NAWIRI interventions are well-coordinated and prioritized.
- Support NAWIRI project coordinator in review of work plans and to complete necessary reports.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness and impact of activities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate with public and private service providers (animal health, crop husbandry, etc) to reach NAWIRI participants.
- Mobilize county, sub-county and ward level meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate planning meetings and workshops with government, NGO, private sector, and community partners to revise plans and promote partner acceptance/buy-in and customize implementation plans
- In collaboration with the M&E staff, ensure there is adherence to the project M&E framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, crop science, Agro-ecology, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Education & Extension, Livestock Production, Animal Science or Livestock Husbandry.
Relevant working experience / skills and competencies
- Minimum 3 years experience in implementation of agriculture and livestock development activities.
- Excellent technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues.
- Excellent understanding of system approach to ending persistent acute malnutrition.
- Experience in community mobilization, proposal and reports writing
- Computer and basic administrative and organizational skills is a plus.
- Professional work experience at county or national levels in project management
- Project management skills, strong mobilization and coordination skills
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to compose, edit, analyze and reports
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure sometimes
How to Apply
Caritas Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply not later than 11th January 2021.
The application should contain attachments of; one-page cover letter, updated CV with clear details of a daytime telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three referees.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Caritas Marsabit,
P. O Box 62 – 60500,
and submitted via email address(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The job title of the position applied for should form part of the subject matter of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Office Administration
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Development
- Building and Architecture
- Training and Consultancy
- Customer service
- Graphics Design
- Warehouse, Distribution and Shipping
- Education and Teaching
- Entry Level and Internships
- General Business
- Agriculture, Fishery and Forestry
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Human Resource
- IT jobs
- Installation Maintenance and Repair
- Management Trainee
- Communication and Media
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Data Science jobs
- Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Leadership and Management
- Social Work