Finance and Operations Coordinator
- Fred Hollows Foundation
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-08-31
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
- Job Advert Expires In: 26 days
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Australasia, and the Middle East. The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
The Finance and Operations Coordinator will be accountable for the general office and financial administration functions of the country office. The position is the coordination point between the global business operations team, the Hub technical support team, and the local country team. He/ She will also be the first point of contact for internal and external guests and visitors to the office.
- Implement appropriate financial policies and procedures for The Fred Hollows Foundation Rwanda(FHFR), aligning them to the FHF Finance Manual and local statutory regulations. Prepare and process requisitions for the country team and work with the Hub finance team to ensure timely payment of invoices, manage petty cash, and attend the bank as required.
- Coordinate the development of the FHFR budgeting process, quarterly review performance to budgets, reliable forecasts to support the program objectives of FHFR, and observe donor requirements.
- Oversee the use of financial management and donor reports and program data analysis to inform decisions on value for money and identify new strategies for remedy.
- Coordinate and oversee planned financial monitoring schedule and timely donor and statutory audits.
- Oversee the efficient running of the country office including (but not limited to); fire and health and safety compliance, coordination of procurement functions to ensure appropriate suppliers and vendors successfully fulfill the needs of FHF and partners through the provision of goods and services in line with FHF standards of governance and assisting with operational reports and updating of policies in line with FHF standards.
- Coordinate logistics, travel and accommodation for country team, visitors and meetings including, but not limited to, visas, medical, and other travel documents for travelers leaving or entering the country. Ensure incident reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner. Manage vehicles, leases and repairs, car hire, and drivers as required.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar role within a recognized NGO.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA(K) or ACCA certified.
- Experience dealing with an English-speaking head office and matrix reporting environment.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring, and internal accounting controls.
- Grant management and donor-funded reporting experience.
- Experience and expertise in working with partners.
- Sound knowledge of current legislation and regulatory requirements relevant to INGOs in Rwanda
- Flexibility – We will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
- Structured career development plans - Our performance and development framework enable you to work closely with your manager to plan, manage, and review your performance throughout the year.
- Leadership Development - We are committed to developing both our current and future leaders and offer a range of internal programs that have been designed to help you enhance your leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems.
- Advance level skills in computer usage-Excel, Word, and E-mails systems.
- Experience in an international NGO environment or a multinational corporation.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in cross-cultural/mixed language environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to initiate tasks without supervision.
- Experience using SUN Systems
How to Apply
Applications should be made via the link and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at email@example.com. CV’s sent to this address will not be considered.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Rwanda.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.
- Accounting 13
- Administration 16
- Biotechnology 1
- Business Development 7
- Training & Consultancy 8
- Customer service 3
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 5
- Agriculture 1
- Health Care 7
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 7
- IT & ICT 8
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 2
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research and Data Science 3
- Sales and Marketing 20
- Project Management 1
- Supply Chain 1
- Transportation 6
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 18
- Accounting and Finance 12
- Administrative 23
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 6
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 5
- Quality Control and Assurance 5
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 6
- Food Production 2
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 4
- Most Popular