Country Program Manager - Health Financing
- Fred Hollows Foundation
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-09-07
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
- Job Advert Expires In: 15 days
The Fred Hollows Foundation
An international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in over 25 countries, The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
The Country Program Manager-Health Financing will be accountable for implementing programs, ensuring compliance obligations are met and managing the Rwanda Country team in alignment with The Foundation’s strategic framework and values. Providing ‘hands-on’ program management and technical support to current and future projects and work with the program teams to deliver specific key pillars of the health systems that contribute to the achievement of universal health coverage, one of the government’s priority areas.
Specific responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Provide direct management and technical direction to one or several components of the Health Financing projects in the Africa region.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization in Rwanda and Burundi, and actively advocates for the organization, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the country team.
- Design and implement one or more of the project’s technical aspects.
- Manage and monitor technical aspects of the program, and advise the Country Program teams on technical, budgetary, and management aspects of implementation.
- Provide research, analysis, and consultation on project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Collaborate with key partners (government, NGO, private sector, and donor partners); and Serve as subject matter expert.
- Ensure the effective management of the Country’s resources (financial, technical, and operational) in order to achieve the Foundations' strategic objectives.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a government or donor-supported project environment in Africa.
- Minimum of master’s degree in or the equivalent in the relevant field.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas of managing health financing-related projects: results-based financing, or contract-based financing.
- Excellent partnership development and collaboration skills, including with ministries of health, private sector stakeholders, and other donors at both senior and technical levels.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing results-based financing models in Africa.
- Project management experience dealing with various elements of projects that involve various team members across the world.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and the ability to produce high-quality work in a timely manner.
- English language fluency and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience with a mix of practical technical skills necessary for strengthening health systems at the national, and community levels.
- Excellent knowledge of national/county/community-level issues impacting health systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
Something extra to get our attention!
- Ability to provide technical support to Country teams and partners on lobbying/advocacy for the integration of eye health into health financing initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and expanding networks to strengthen public health financing for eye health.
- Ability to effectively represent The Foundation at relevant high-level working/technical forums at regional and global levels.
- Familiarity with the public sector’s mechanisms and policy/regulatory environment related to health financing in Africa.
- Experience implementing programs and projects under grants management processes and donor partners.
- Flexible work arrangements – We will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
- Structured career development plans - Our performance and development framework enable you to work closely with your manager to plan, manage, and review your performance throughout the year.
- Leadership Development - We are committed to developing both our current and future leaders and offer a range of internal programs that have been designed to help you enhance your leadership skills.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via the link band should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at email@example.com. CV’s sent to this address shall not be considered.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.
- Accounting 10
- Administration 13
- Business Development 6
- Training & Consultancy 6
- Customer service 1
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 3
- Health Care 5
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 3
- IT & ICT 5
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 1
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research 1
- Sales and Marketing 16
- Transportation 3
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 15
- Accounting and Finance 8
- Administrative 19
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 4
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 4
- Quality Control and Assurance 4
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 3
- Food Production 1
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 3
- Most Popular