Librarian– Law Firm
- Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: 50-60k
- Deadline: 2020-09-08
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
- Job Advert Expires In: 18 days
Our client is an established premier law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal services and solutions for both domestic and international clients. They are looking for a highly efficient Librarian who will be tasked with managing the legal library and monitoring the library operations.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
• Organize, classify and Catalogue all the library material and maintain an up to date index of all Kenyan legislation and ensure that the library and the firm have sufficient copies of up to date legislation to run efficiently.
• Shelving library materials and maintaining collections using established systems and procedures.
• Assisting personnel with searches of particular Statutes both in and out of Kenya, including pending bills and case law
• Track legal notices listed in the Kenya Gazette (both the Friday edition and Special Supplement).
• Purchase of all materials necessary for updating the library including gazettes, legal notices, Statutes, bills, and regulations,
• Updating library copies of Acts as amended.
• Performs both immediate reference and in-depth research searches; refers users to other resources as appropriate.
• Use automated information systems, databases, and other technology for a range of processing and service tasks.
• Provide instruction and guidance for use of library catalog, legal databases, legal research methodology, and procedures.
• Responds to in-library, phone, mail, email, and all client’s queries.
• Develop and maintain pathfinders, bibliographic resources, and research guides.
• Any other duty assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science, Library Studies or any other related qualification from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a legal library.
• Must be good in Resource management and mobilizing skills;
• Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Must have Excellent Library Management skills;
• Must have excellent reporting and writing skills
• Excellent customer service skills.
How to Apply
Kindly click the link to apply>> https://www.brightermonday.co.ke/listings/librarian-law-firm-0wd7j6
- Accounting 13
- Administration 16
- Biotechnology 1
- Business Development 7
- Training & Consultancy 8
- Customer service 3
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 5
- Agriculture 1
- Health Care 7
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 7
- IT & ICT 8
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 2
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research and Data Science 3
- Sales and Marketing 20
- Project Management 1
- Supply Chain 1
- Transportation 6
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 18
- Accounting and Finance 12
- Administrative 23
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 6
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 5
- Quality Control and Assurance 5
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 6
- Food Production 2
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 4
- Most Popular