- Save The Children Rwanda
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Deadline: 2020-09-17
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
- Job Advert Expires In: 5 days
Save The Children Rwanda is looking for a qualified Procurement Assistant to supports the Supply Chain Coordinator in the daily coordination of procurement activities, including:
- Ensuring that items procured match programmatic requests, and are of good quality, reliable and value for money and deliver the best results for children.
- Supporting the Procurement Coordinator on preparation of the procurement (buying).
- processes in all steps and stages, especially when it comes to PRs, quotes, POs and contracts
- Supporting and interfacing between field offices and the central supply chain team
- Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Procurement.
• 1-2 years of prior work experience in a similar role in an NGO or private commercial sector
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation and relationship building
• High level of integrity/confidentiality and ability to work as part of a professional team
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English;
• Commitment to Save the Children’s values
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
How to Apply
Contract type: Open ended contract (subject to funds availability)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Follow the link to apply
- Accounting 10
- Administration 13
- Business Development 6
- Training & Consultancy 6
- Customer service 1
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 3
- Health Care 5
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 3
- IT & ICT 5
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 1
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research 1
- Sales and Marketing 16
- Transportation 3
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 15
- Accounting and Finance 8
- Administrative 19
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 4
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 4
- Quality Control and Assurance 4
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 3
- Food Production 1
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 3
- Most Popular