Terms of Reference Tracey Survey on Graduates of 4 TVET Schools Supported By “Igira ku Murimo Programme”
- The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE)
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline: 2020-08-05
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
- Job Advert Expires In: 7 days
The Association pour la Promotion de l’Education et de la Formation à l’Etranger (APEFE) is a Belgian 40 years old non-profit organization working for skills development in the southern countries. Close to the international relations of the Federation of Wallonie-Bruxelles and Wallonia, APEFE is also strengthening collaborations between institutional stakeholders of the Belgian cooperation. APEFE supplies national sectoral policies’ implementation programmes with technical assistance, methodological support, and material resources, to help to achieve sustainable development goals.
APEFE has been active in Rwanda for more than 30 years.
In 2015, the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Public Service and Labour (MIFOTRA) initiated Workplace Learning policy (WPL) to improve the employability skills of youth and to facilitate their access to the labor market through integrating employees in skills development.
To support the implementation of this policy, APEFE, in partnership with MIFOTRA and PSF (Private Sector Federation) has started the Workplace Learning Support Programme – IGIRA KU MURIMO to pilot the dual or apprenticeship training system from 2017 to 2021.
The program supported apprentices to gain knowledge and skills in beauty and fashion, tailoring, and food processing.
The first cohort of apprentices trained under the program IGIRA KU MURIMO completed a year of training in schools and in companies and graduated in November 2019. A study will be done to assess the employability and income generation of the graduates, as well as collect employers’ satisfaction of their skills level and performance.
The main purpose of this task is to collect information on the employment and income status of the 121 graduates from the 4 TVET schools and collect feedback and observations from their employers. The final report will be presented to the programme partners for validation
Scope of the assignment
In line with the objectives of this exercise the consultant will:
- Develop a Tracey Survey tool and methodology.
- Design a database interface for data entry and analysis in SPSS or Excel.
- Collect information on the status of graduates related to employability and income generation.
- Identify and measure both quantitative and qualitative changes in living conditions of those beneficiaries based on knowledge acquired in vocational training and in companies.
- Collect feedback from employers on graduates’ skills and performance.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to IGIRA KU MURIMO Program implementing partners on how to enhance employability of graduates of dual training.
How to Apply
The interested individual consultants should submit the following documents outlining:
- Technical proposal including the proposed methodology and work plan matching with the requirements detailed in the ToRs of the Tracey Survey.
- The Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the consultant with names and telephones of institutions that they have previously served similar assignments + 2 certificates of good completion of similar survey
- Financial offer, all in and all taxes inclusive.For more details regarding this job please see here
The offers (technical and financial) must be submitted to APEFE by email at [email protected] or at APEFE office, KN1, St Paul, Plot 2360, Nyarugenge, Kigali, Rwanda, Office compound, 3rd Flow, not later than 5th August 2020 at 5 pm, addressed to Mrs. Marie Pierre NGOMA, the Program Administrator, Tel: 0782723969.
Any request for additional technical information should be addressed to [email protected]
- Accounting 3
- Administration 9
- Banking 1
- Business Development 4
- Building & Architecture 1
- Training & Consultancy 19
- Customer service 1
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 3
- Entry Level - New Grad 1
- Finance 2
- Health Care 2
- IT & ICT 2
- Professional Services 2
- QA - Quality Control 1
- Research 2
- Sales and Marketing 8
- Strategy - Planning 1
- Transportation 1
- Procurement 5
- Consultancy and Training 32
- Accounting and Finance 7
- Administrative 9
- Building and Architecture 1
- Customer Service and Support 2
- Engineering 1
- IT and Telecoms 5
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 4
- Quality Control and Assurance 3
- Recruitment 1
- Hospitality Management 2
- Procurement 5
- Stewarding 1
- Law 1
- NGO 1
- Most Popular