Procurement & Supply Chain Learning Advisor and Business Development Officer
- Indepth Research Services
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Salary: CONFIDENTIAL
- Deadline: 2020-12-31
- Location: Nairobi -
- Job Advert Expires In: 98 days
We are international capacity building and research consultancy firm offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individuals and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Procurement Learning Advisor to provide technical procurement expertise on policies, procedures, systems and standards to assist stakeholders undertaking procurement planning, development, sourcing and management to make strategic decisions and effectively meet organizational and business objectives
Training and curriculum Development
- Identify the Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain training needs, plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor Procurement Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the Procurement team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- Co-facilitation of international trainings workshops in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management work to our corporate and NGOs clients.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Keep up with market developments, innovation and other matters of mutual interest
- Apply different tools/techniques appropriately in different procurement situations.
Key accountabilities in Business Development
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Carrying out market research, analyzing and reporting for insights on client needs
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature (Product Development)
- Writing reports
- Develop functional specifications to ensure supply options are not limited.
- Providing quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation report for management decisions.
- Report on progress towards business objectives, discuss key projects and issues, offer, seek and receive advice.
Key Accountabilities in consultancy work
- Search, find and follow up tenders in line with business products and services to achieve business objectives
- To provide technical support in implementing various consultancy projects
- Implementing consultancy projects, developing consultancy reports, policy briefs, communication materials, and presentations on logistics, procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in preparing strategy documents
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes.
- Develop and implement innovative procurement and category management strategies to meet specific business needs, manage risk and deliver value for money.
- Advise stakeholders on appropriate procurement governance and performance management mechanisms to monitor, co-ordinate and improve procurement activity and performance.
- bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain management, logistics/business administration
- 5 years’ experience in Management as a Procurement Manager and/or Business Development Manager.
- Proven experience in complex project management
- Sales and marketing experience preferred
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to maintain networks and relationships
- Excellent partnership and networking skills
- Knowledge of the local regulations on recycling and environmental law a plus
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Ability to lead a team to identify problems, develop and test potential solutions, and scale solutions
- Membership to a relevant professional body is an added advantage
How to Apply
- Accounting 10
- Administration 15
- Biotechnology 1
- Business Development 6
- Training & Consultancy 6
- Customer service 2
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 5
- Agriculture 1
- Health Care 7
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 4
- IT & ICT 7
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 2
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research and Data Science 2
- Sales and Marketing 19
- Project Management 1
- Supply Chain 1
- Transportation 4
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 16
- Accounting and Finance 10
- Administrative 23
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 5
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 5
- Quality Control and Assurance 4
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 3
- Food Production 1
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 4
- Most Popular