Terms of Reference for Individual Consultancy Services to Edit, Prooffread and Design the Private Sector Federation Communications Manual
- Right To Play Rwanda
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline: 2020-07-31
- Location: Kigali - Rwanda
- Job Advert Expires In: 12 days
The Rwanda Private Sector Federation (PSF-Rwanda) is a professional organization, dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It is an umbrella organization that brings together 10 professional chambers, 75-member associations, and over 10,000 registered businesses in Rwanda. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
PSF’s core mission is to represent and serve the interests of the entire private sector in Rwanda through advocacy, while at the same time providing timely and relevant business development services that leads to sustainable private sector led economic growth and development.
To be able to efficiently and effectively carry out its advocacy work for its members, PSF commissioned the PSF Communication Manual that will help the organization disseminate information on their activities for greater impact.
The manual will not only target stakeholders in the country but also international partners.
It is in this regard that the Private Sector Federation would like to hire an individual consultant with impeccable professional editing skills to edit, proofread, and design the manual to ensure they conform to international standards.
1. Overall objective
The main objective of the consultancy is to ensure that the Private Sector Communication Manual is reviewed for grammar, correct use of language and format.
To edit, proofread, and design the document that meets international standards.
3. Duration of the consultancy
The assignment should be done within two weeks upon the commencement dates set by Private Sector Federation.
4. Responsibilities & Deliverables of the consultant
The Editor will be expected to work closely with the Office of the Chief Advocacy Officer through the Communication department for this consultancy to:
The following are specific objectives of the consultancy:
- Proofread the manual document
- Edit the reports and ensure that they’re reader friendly
- Correspond/matching the content with available illustrations (info-graphics, pie charts, pictures, and other illustrations)
- Upgrade the format and structure of the reports to the international standards of Reports.
- Organize, improve, and review the reports to ensure clarity of narration and all the content for the publication;
- Ensure internal consistency, both analytical and stylistic; general readability and accessibility to a broad readership (worldwide);
- Identify critical knowledge which may remain and recommend to the supervising office;
- Ensure that the document is well written, grammatically correct, and accessible; correcting spelling mistakes, syntax and content errors, style and punctuation, etc.
- Ensure that the document is visually attractive, well presented, and easy to consult and read.
5. Quality/Content Control: The Private Sector Federation will have editorial control over the all materials edited.
- The consultant must have at least a bachelor’s degree in communication, Journalism, Marketing or related fields
- At least five years of professional experience in writing and editing preferably in areas of business, developmental and advocacy issues;
- Proven experience in working with the private sector or INGOs is an added asset);
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of the organization;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness;
- Fluent English writer and speaker
7. How to Apply
The interested consultants should provide the following documents:
- The CV’s of the Consultant, and copies of his/her academic qualifications
- One reference of the similar previous work done and samples of their work.
- The financial proposal (in a separate envelope)
How to Apply
Interested training Firms/ Individuals are required to submit hard copies of the Proposal with the two components of technical and financial by hand delivery to the following address: PSF Head Office, KK 6 Avenue, (Gikondo) not later than 31st July 2020 at 10 am.
- Accounting 3
- Administration 9
- Banking 1
- Business Development 4
- Building & Architecture 1
- Training & Consultancy 19
- Customer service 1
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 3
- Entry Level - New Grad 1
- Finance 2
- Health Care 2
- IT & ICT 2
- Professional Services 2
- QA - Quality Control 1
- Research 2
- Sales and Marketing 8
- Strategy - Planning 1
- Transportation 1
- Procurement 5
- Consultancy and Training 32
- Accounting and Finance 7
- Administrative 9
- Building and Architecture 1
- Customer Service and Support 2
- Engineering 1
- IT and Telecoms 5
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 4
- Quality Control and Assurance 3
- Recruitment 1
- Hospitality Management 2
- Procurement 5
- Stewarding 1
- Law 1
- NGO 1
- Most Popular