Web Graphic Design and WordPress Developer
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are looking to hire a skilled Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 5 years or more experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Familiarity with web marketing designing practices.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- a high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
Steps to Apply
- Register with the networked pros if not registered or login to your account if you had registered.
- Create your career profile: Personal Details, Work Experience, Education History
- Browse the available jobs that match your skill-set and apply
- You can also update your career profile before applying for a vacancy