Web Graphic Design and WordPress Developer
- Indepth Research Services
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Salary: CONFIDENTIAL
- Deadline: 2020-12-31
- Location: Nairobi -
- Job Advert Expires In: 98 days
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are looking to hire a skilled Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 5 years or more experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Familiarity with web marketing designing practices.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- a high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
- Accounting 10
- Administration 15
- Biotechnology 1
- Business Development 6
- Training & Consultancy 6
- Customer service 2
- Design 2
- Education - Teaching 2
- Engineering 3
- Executive 12
- Finance 5
- Agriculture 1
- Health Care 7
- Hospitality & Hotels 4
- Human Resource 4
- IT & ICT 7
- Installation - Maint - Repair 1
- Insurance 2
- Legal 3
- Management Trainee 2
- Manufacturing 1
- Media 1
- Research and Data Science 2
- Sales and Marketing 19
- Project Management 1
- Supply Chain 1
- Transportation 4
- Procurement 4
- Consultancy and Training 16
- Accounting and Finance 10
- Administrative 23
- Building and Architecture 1
- Engineering 2
- Food and Beverage 1
- IT and Telecoms 5
- Sales and Marketing & Public Relations 5
- Quality Control and Assurance 4
- Recruitment 3
- Hospitality Management 1
- Human Resources 3
- Food Production 1
- Procurement 4
- Law 1
- NGO 4
- Most Popular