PR, Training & Events Coordinator
We are a training and consultancy center offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are looking for an experienced PR, Training & Events Coordinator. You will design, publicize and coordinate workshops, seminars, bootcamps, events, hackathons and training programs for a small, medium and large number of participants.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies.
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, company profile, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Development and execution of creative marketing campaigns that align with the company’s strategic direction
- Publicist for the organization by organizing events, seminars and other PR activities that aligns to the company’s strategic goals, and serve as the company’s spokesperson.
- Daily monitoring of news and events to determine how the company can plugin in.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with partners including media, employers, regulators, professionals and suppliers.
- Scout for external events the company can participate in that are in line with our strategic plans
- Organize for speaking engagements as part of our brand building efforts
- Manage IRES newsletter
- Work with the different departments seeking and providing feedback to focus marketing campaigns/events and to develop branding, messaging, and content delivery campaigns
- Co-ordinate with other staff members to ensure successful events and promotions
- Conduct industrial needs assessments, identifying data analytics skills or knowledge gaps that need addressing.
- Planning, coordinating and organizing training programs including the venue, registration, facilitators and directing the participants to ensure excellent customer experience.
- Design and develop training programs in coordination with other staff members. This may include preparation of training curriculum, workshop materials, marketing material and updating online databases.
- Marketing relevant training programs, reach out to interested parties, close deals and ensuring minimum capacity registration for each session.
- Identify relevant event partners and sponsors and close meaningful relationships while at the same time maintaining the numbers.
- Uphold best practices and corporate education principles for training.
- Handling many different tasks, under time and cost pressures
- Advanced Degree in Journalism, public relations or communications
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in brand building preferably in a service oriented setup
- Creative writing skills a MUST
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proven work experience as a training coordinator, PR officer, event’s organizer or a similar role.
- Hands on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Adequate knowledge of digital marketing.
- Ability to organize events with large groups of hands-on participants.
- Ability to execute full training cycle from planning to evaluation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with any type of training software and/or knowledge database.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong working knowledge of instructional design theory as well as proof of successful implementation.
- Proven track record, showing ability to successfully complete the full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Knowledgeable about both traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Current membership to a professional body.
Steps to Apply
- Register with the networked pros if not registered or login to your account if you had registered.
- Create your career profile: Personal Details, Work Experience, Education History
- Browse the available jobs that match your skill-set and apply
- You can also update your career profile before applying for a vacancy