Business Development Officer; Consultancy Projects
- Indepth Research Services
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Salary: CONFIDENTIAL
- Deadline: 2020-12-31
- Location: Nairobi -
- Job Advert Expires In: 181 days
We are a training and consultancy center offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
The Business Development Officer position is a key senior sales role within the IRES Kenya Business Development team, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies. The candidate would be primarily playing a hunter role, responsible for securing new clients into TCS, expanding business development activities. IRES offers a consulting-led services to Government MDA, Aid and charitable organisations and private companies.
The position’s primary responsibility for the selected candidate is to achieve new Order Book Value (OBV) targets for IRES services and products sold to the selected target clients. The candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CxO level executives at leading firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution working along with Learning Advisory team(s). Incumbent will oversee the entire sales effort for consultancy services from initial contact to bidding to negotiation of contracts to launch of actual services.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets; and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of the business development team.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales channel.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management at leading Africa organization from Government Agencies, NGOs, UN Agencies, International Organisations and Private Corporations for selected targets on the IRES approved client target list. Also develop relationships with selected regulators, industry leaders, and other influential stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all QUALIFIED opportunities including initial client communication, Pre-qualifications, on-site presentations, RFI response, workshops, RFP submission, negotiation and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with IRES’s presales team to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Provide leadership to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Identify and develop potential alliance partnerships and seek out new market and product growth areas.
- Support the team’s market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing and product development staff.
- Adhere to all IRES Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
- Post graduate Qualifications and career track record with major organizations.
- 8 - 10 years of Sales Experience managing customers within a consultancy firm.
- 5 years’ experience in international tendering and bidding for government MDA and international organisations.
- Substantial experience in developing proposals, management and delivering Consultancy solutions with Major Consulting or Advisory firms.
- Well-developed sales, negotiation skills and experience.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Background in international sales engagements or in digital initiatives. Open to multicultural environments and working in virtual teams.
- Proven track record with reaching targets with Africa and/or global customers
- French, optional
How to Apply
- Register with the networked pros if not registered or login to your account if you had registered.
- Create your career profile: Personal Details, Work Experience, Education History
- Browse the available jobs that match your skill-set and apply
- You can also update your career profile before applying for a vacancy
- COVID 19 Impact Assessment and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) approach development for the wood sector in Rwanda
- Enhencing capacity and perticipation of Small-scale farmers and civil society organizations in decision making and governance processes related to sustainable agriculture and food security.
- National consultancy to carry out a consultancy situation analysis and collect report on case of discrimination against people with disabilities and marginalised groups.
- Career Guidance Specialist to Support CSO-Targeted Labour Market Intervention Department at Rwanda Development Board
- Most Popular