- The NetworkedPros
- Employment Type:
- Deadline: 2020-05-15
- Location: Nairobi - Kenya
- Job Advert Expires In: 48 days
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 of hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under Office of Medical Services (MED) approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
Qualifications and Evaluations
A minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including betted specialists and hospitals.
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent
- Valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license
Good working Knowledge (Reading/speaking /writing) English is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO EFMs, USEFMs, and AEFMs ONLY:
Current employees who used a hiring preference to gain employment who are within their first 90 calendar days of employment are not eligible to apply.
Candidates with a hiring preference who have already accepted a conditional offer of employment may NOT be extended a second conditional offer of employment unless and until they withdraw their candidacy for the first position in writing.
The following may also be considered when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, etc.
** If selected, EFMs are expected to serve in the position for at least one year from the date of hire, and their sponsor’s tour of duty must allow sufficient time for this.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Embassy of The United States on erajobs.state.gov to apply
- COVID 19 Impact Assessment and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) approach development for the wood sector in Rwanda
- Enhencing capacity and perticipation of Small-scale farmers and civil society organizations in decision making and governance processes related to sustainable agriculture and food security.
- National consultancy to carry out a consultancy situation analysis and collect report on case of discrimination against people with disabilities and marginalised groups.
- Career Guidance Specialist to Support CSO-Targeted Labour Market Intervention Department at Rwanda Development Board
- Most Popular